Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Club Family Day

We had a fantastic day Saturday with the bike shop first annual Family Day.  The morning started with Mommy running in a race for 2 miles while Collin and Daddy watched and cheered me on.  I ended up getting third place in the female group.  Yeah me!

We then moved locations to the pavilion where multiple "fun" stations were set up:
  • Water bottle toss - Collin like this one the best.
  • Cookie decorating
  • Bike toss - Yes, will real bikes
  • Three-legged race
The kids had their own race for 3/4 of a mile. Collin told me he was not interesting in "running a long time" but was excited and eager to start when the other kids lined up to race.  I was so proud of the effort and determination he had while running all but less than 5 minutes of the race.  He ended up finishing in the middle of the pack and was one of the younger kids participating.  Several people commented on is smooth running form.  That's my boy!




After the race, Collin and Oliver hung out at the water bottle toss area to watch the big kids play a little while and then the little guys started playing when everyone else left.  They hung out there most of the time...but no matter where Collin or Oliver was, I could find the other boy.

The kids participated in the bike toss which consisted of a bike with training wheels.  They pushed the back of the bike and let go to see how far it would roll.  Collin actually participated too but his "toss" did not go as far as some of the other kids. I was happy to see him try it.

Then, we all did the three-legged race.  Daddy and I did it together and Collin and Oliver where tied together.  When the race started, the boys feel within a few feet and stayed on the ground.  At least they tried.  Daddy and I did make it to the turnaround point and back but we were far from first place....but still had a great time. 



After lunch of hamburgers or hot dogs, the boys walked around and collected sticks and rocks.  Sounds like boys, rights?  Collin even managed to put a few in my pocket that I did not even notice he did that until later in the day. 

I was shocked after spending almost 5 hours at the park that 1) Collin asked to go to a playground as we were walking to the car to leave and 2) did not fall asleep at all until it was his usual time for bed later that night.  I was exhausted but did enjoy being with him the rest of the day.

No comments: