Monday, December 31, 2012

Mema and Cousins

Collin and I headed to Mema's the past Friday for a long visit.  We planned ahead and packed to spend the night since we did end up spending the night last time and did not pack for it.  Good thing that was the plan this time because Collin was not ready to go the next day even.  He and Sam were inseparable...except when they finally went to sleep. 

Unlike last time, Collin did not take any time at all to warm up and start playing with Sam.  I was glad to see that she was interested in playing with him too.  They played inside for a little bit with Collin's new Christmas toys I brought.  Good thing because it was about 40 degrees outside.  Then, they wanted to play outside.  At first, they helped mema feed the donkeys.  There are 5 of them now.  Collin thought it was funny how loud the donkeys were braying to let us know how hungry they were.  He like that at least one of them stayed still enough for him to pet it.  The baby was not interested in being touched at all.



After feeding the donkeys, we walked to the smaller tank (like a lake) on the property.  Before playing by the water, the cousins climbed the tree house.  Collin was really proud of himself that he climbed up the tree all by himself.  Sam is afraid of heights so they were both ecstatic about being in the tree.


We then walked over to the tank.  Several times, Collin told me how much he liked to hike and wanted to do it more often.  I told him how I used to do what he was doing all the time when I was his age and stayed at mema's with the other cousins.  I really enjoyed watching him explore and have fun with his cousin like I did.  Along the way to the tank, he was picking up rocks and leaves for me to hold.  Yeah me....this actually happens all the time.  I will even find leaves in my purse when looking for something in there because Collin will put things in there when he finds them.

At the tank, I found a rock and showed the kids how to skip rocks in the water.  Mema even did it too....well, at least tried.  Her rocks did not ever skip.  I tried telling her that her rocks were too heavy.  The kids had fun trying but could not get the rock to skip either.  They were not frustrated about it though. 

After hanging out at the tank a little longer and then playing in the tree house again, we went inside because we were all getting cold.  The kids continued to play great together and even did not stop too long to eat lunch or dinner.  Only when it was getting close to bed time, did they settle down and relax.  They were too cute together watching some TV before changing into PJs....



The next morning, Collin could not wait for Sam to get up.  She slept in a little later than he did.  I could not wait either because I was Collin's playmate until she did finally wake up almost an hour later.  Mema got to spend more time with Collin during this time though.  When she woke up, they played both in and outside for a few hours before we needed to leave and head back home.  Collin did not want to go...and could not blame him.....but Daddy was missing us and I had errands to run regarding our house being remodeled.

He is looking forward to our next trip to mema's house.  me too!

No comments: