Thursday, July 26, 2012

Taking Care of Mommy

Because we have company coming into town today and through the weekend, I was cleaning up the at least the guest bedroom last night knowing that I would not have time or feel like it when I got home.  In the bedroom, I had stashed a Hot Wheels racetrack that Mimi got from a garage sale or was Dustin's.  It was not fully put together because there were pieces missing that I did not figure out until I got to that point.  Collin still had fun playing with it not knowing the potential if it was completely put together.

I shut the door to the bedroom as I was taking this thing apart because I did not want Collin to see me and through a fit because I was putting it away.  I had taken most of it apart and was struggling with one of the bigger, longer pieces.....which I remember having trouble fitting this piece in the first place.  I pulled and pulled and pulled....and it came out right into my lower lip into my mouth and hit the side of my cheek before hitting my back top molars.  I was a little dazed and about to faint right after that happened.  I could hear Collin calling for me about this time.  I yelled out where I was which hurt to do.  He opened the door and started to tell me what he wanted when he stopped and saw that I was bleeding.  "Why are you bleeding on your lip Mommy?  Does it hurt?"  I told him that I was OK but could he get Daddy in the living room for me.

Collin did leave the room presumably to get Daddy while I turned around to look in the mirror at the damage to my lip.  No wonder he saw the blood.  I had torn up my lower lip pretty good and my jaw was hurting by now.  Collin entered the room at this time which an ice pack in his had.  "I did not get Daddy to help me.  I got this from the refrigerator all by myself Mommy.  Here...."  Awwwwww.....that made the pain go away for a brief moment because here was my little man helping his Mommy out.  I put the ice pack on my lip just in time because it was swelling already.  He sat there a little while with me before I asked for a wet napkin to wipe up some of the blood.  He left the room to go get it but never came back because he got distracted.  Well, at least I know he is a normal 4 year old that easily is distracted.

I told him later that I appreciated him helping me and getting me the ice pack.  He was not interested in talking and walked away.  Yep, back to our routine at night.  He knew that bath time was near.....

No comments: