Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Night Time - Potty Training...Maybe?

While Collin was at his cousin's, he saw that none of them wore Pull Ups at night.  Neither did Will at the house house we visited.  When he was getting ready for bed on our last night, I asked him when he thought he would start wearing underwear to bed instead of Pull Ups.  He told me he would soon.  I just smiled at him.  I heard that it takes longer for boys and for first-born boys but thought we should start trying again now that he is almost 5 years old. 

Last night, we had movie night which means we put the futon down into a bed in the playroom and then watch a movie.  Last night, it was my turn to pick so I picked Ant Bully because Daddy had not seen it yet.  We all crawled onto the futon and watched the movie.  I was shocked that Collin had not fallen asleep after the movie was over knowing that he must be tired from the drive home that day from his cousin's house.  He did fall asleep after I laid there for about 20 minutes.  I left and got into my bed which I could not wait to do after not being in it for the last two nights. 

Collin woke up around 3:30am needing to go potty.  He did go pee and then got back in bed.  He woke up again at 5:30am having to go potty again.  This time, he had to poo.  At least he was waking up to go potty.  I wondered if it was because we talked about it the night before.....or it was because he did not feel good.  The last time he got up, he was BURNING UP.  I gave him a fever reducer and crawled in bed with him.  He did end up falling asleep and did not wake up again until...9am!  I knew he was not feeling good.  He was still a little warm but had a lot of energy.  He stayed awake for about 2 hours before falling asleep....on the floor.  You know he had to be tired because he fell on the floor.  He woke up an hour later because he had to go potty which he did do and then went back to the floor. 

#1 = Maybe he is learning to get up when he is sleeping to go potty and

#2 = My little boy is not feeling well.  He and Daddy are napping together right now. 

No comments: