Monday, July 9, 2012

"Do I Have to Get a Shot?"

Because Collin still had a slight fever yesterday and his eyes are very itchy, I was able to get a doctor appointment this afternoon. I needed to be at work so Daddy picked Collin up from Grandma H's were he was that morning to take him to the appointment. On the way there, Collin asked if he was going to get a shot. He already asked me that morning and I told him that I did not think he was going to. Daddy told him the same thing.

When they arrived at the doctor office and where lead back to the patient area, a nurse came in to get the room ready. Collin asked her about getting a shot. She told him that she was just getting the room ready and he would have to wait for the doctor. She left and Daddy said that you could see the stress on his face about getting a shoot. He told Daddy that he did not want to sit on the exam table because that is where he got the shots the last time he was there. The doctor finally came in and Collin immediately asked, "Am I going to get a shot?". She said she will need to see and asked if he wanted to get on the table. He said "no" and showed her that he would remain sitting where he was. He did eventually get on the table for her to finish the exam. She said that he have the virus that was going around but that he was on the tail end of it now that the fever was gone. She told him about drops for his eyes to help them feel better. She said he has grown 2.5 in since his 4year old appointment and he has only gained a pound all that time. He weighs 37.5 lbs which is actually down 41 lbs from several weeks ago. He could have lost most of that during the last few days because he did not eat much.




After the appointment, Daddy and Collin surprised me by stopping by work. They came up to my office and Collin knew exactly where to go. He enjoyed visiting with some of his "friends" and wanted to know where the ball was that he plays with when he is there. They stayed less than 30 min and I loved every minute of it.

Tonight, I thought putting drops into Collin's eyes would be difficult or at least not without at fight. I announced after bath that it was time for me to put the drops in his eyes. He said, "I can do it" and he wanted the drops for me. He tiled his head back, put the drop bottle close to his eye and then said "nope, I cannot do it" and then handed the bottle to me. When I did the drops, he stood there still and let me do it. He knew these would help his eyes and he could not wait for the drops, I suppose. The rest of the night was back to our usual routine. Yeah, my baby is feeling better!!! Pictures to follow......

No comments: