Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fire Station No. 6























Daddy had the best idea ever today especially because the weather was still nasty out. I have been really interested in fire engines. If I see them in books, on the street or even on my PJs, I have to make the sound the truck makes.......rrrrrrrrrr, rrrrrrrrrr, rrrrrrrrrrrr (mom does not know how to spell it). We got in daddy's truck and pulled up to the nearest fire station. The nice man showed us around not one but TWO fire trucks. I think he liked that we stopped by because he showed us what was in every door on the side of the truck, let me sit in the front seat, put a helmet on my head (he did not know that I HATE things on my head...daddy tried to tell him), let me stand on the front of the truck and climbed to the top of the truck holding me (the man was nice but not too nice to hold me up so high). When we were leaving, mommy and daddy thanked the man. I became shy and would not say anything. As we were getting in our truck, I said "thank you" and then made the siren sound the fire engine makes. Mommy said "figures". Not sure what she meant by that.

No comments: