Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dance and Clap Monkey

Last night after putting Collin to bed, I ran back downstairs to get more comfortable. I turned the TV monitor on to see if Collin was already asleep. I had no idea that I was about to witness a puppet show. Collin was sitting up in his crib facing his music box which he had turned on. I noticed he had his stuffed animal, Monkey, in his lap. I was shocked with what he did next. He stood Monkey up on his legs and started to dance him around to the music. He then sat Monkey back down and took both of Monkey's hands in each of Collin's hand to then clap them together to the beat of the music. I could not believe my eyes. I watched for another minute and then ran upstairs to get daddy so he could see it. Daddy missed it though. I guess all of the dancing wore Collin out because he was laying down by the time daddy and I were back downstairs looking at the monitor.

Daddy plans to take Collin to Gymboree Music today which we think Collin will really like. He really likes music now. Whether he is in the car, out running errands or at home, if he hears music, he stops what he is doing and starts to wiggle and dance. Daddy taught him to snap his fingers too. Well, Collin cannot make the snapping sound yet but he usually has his right hand up in the air and moving his forefinger and thumb together. I will have to try to get a video of this. I have been to busy laughing and dancing with Collin to stop and get the camera.

1 comment:

Maria said...

Too cute..What a smart little guy. I bet Collin will love the Music class at Gymboree.. W