Saturday, March 7, 2009

Bunny Hop Fun Walk

This morning, Collin and more buddies got together for a family fun walk. Maria, Matthew, Terry and Melia met us for the Bunny Hop for Trees Family fun run/walk. We thought it would be fun to get together and do this plus it was for a good cause....saving the trees in the neighborhood from erosion. Here are some pictures of us before the walk...Matthew is on the left with his drum stick substitute and Collin is on the right.









I am sure the kids had fun during the walk. I could hear Matthew drumming away at anything he could hit, Collin was making sure that we did not miss all of the dogs that he pointed out to us along the way and Melia was checking out all of the people running or walking by.
After the walk, the kids had a good time playing at the park. Collin got a slow start though because something else caught his eye. I could not tell watch he was interested in but he was focused and running towards it. I finally figured it out when he got close to it.....duh, mom!....look at the bicycle!!!
I was able to pry him away from the bike to get him to play in the park. He did not want to swing which he made sure I knew he was not interested in. He did find a tunnel and talked Matthew into joining him. Collin would crawl back and forth but Matthew was only interested in standing outside the tunnel. He eventually found some mud to sit in, sorry Maria, so gone was the fun in the tunnel.




This was short lived because he found a truck!! He had a great time playing in the sand with the truck. Poor truck only had 3 wheels but Collin did not mind. He was able to make it move back and forth and even added the sound a truck making when it's driving. I would have let him stay there longer, but it was at the bottom of a popular slide. I kept inching Collin over to the side but he would eventually make his way back to the front of the slide.

The volunteers were tearing down the finish line and handing out the balloons. I would have a picture of Collin with his but he lost it within 5 seconds of getting it. He saw Melia with her balloon tied around her wrist and having a good time. I tried to do the same with Collin and he immediately turned into the kid that is not yours.....he laid on his belly, kicking his legs and arms and started to cry. I quickly took the balloon off of his wrist and the Collin I know came back. he wanted to hold the balloon himself. Of course, he is a toddler. I knew he would loose it but let him hold the string anyway. A few bounces of the balloon by pulling the string up and down and then it was gone....floating away in the air. He and Melia watched it get stuck in the tree nearby. I was ready for him to cry but he did not seem to care. Maybe because he saw that I had some snacks ready for him. Here he is eating the snacks......look at that face of concentration trying to get the snacks out of the cup. Too funny!!!

No comments: