Saturday, December 17, 2016

Run, Collin....Run!!!

Collin and I ran this morning in the 12K of Christmas run.  He wanted to run the Kid's 1K so I ran the 12K without him.  It was such a humid, very warm day (73 degrees) for a long run but I pushed through it.  It was so tempting to only run one of the loops but I did turn back around to finish the second loop.  I finished the 12K at 1 hour and 13 minutes putting me 12th in my age group.  Considering I had a Reclast infusion on Thursday and the weather, I was very happy with the outcome. 
Collin and I before my run
I love this picture of my awesome family

Here I am at the finish.  I was so excited to see my boys.....and get a drink of water.  Collin had a cup of water waiting for me.


Collin did fantastic during his quick run.  He started out close to the front of the pack and then kicked it at the end to come in 1st place.  We were so proud of him!!!

Here is Collin at the start of the race:




....and here he is at the finish.  See how many people he passed to get 1st place.  He rocks!




HE loved seeing Santa this morning
 
Ready to run

"I'll take the medal, thanks!"

No comments: