Monday, March 17, 2014

Read the Directions

Collin wants us to read or help him read everything that has words on it. For example, the other day, I came home early from work because I was having stomach cramps. I decided to lay down on a heating pad to see if that helped. Collin came in my room to see how I was doing, give me a kiss and....then noticed the cord coming out of the covers. "What is this?" I explained it was a heating pad and why I was using it. He was good with that and left the room. Last night, I needed the heating pad again. I still wanted to read him books so I put the heating pad in his room. This is when he noticed that there were words on the cloth covering the hot part of the pad. He wanted to read the words and so we started. When we got to the directions that said Do not fall asleep on the heating pad, Collin turned to me and said, "you fell asleep the other day on this and you were not supposed to". I was busted!  I said I was just resting my eyes and did not fall asleep. What a stinker!  We read the rest of the instructions, then a few books and I tucked him in....on the floor. He has been "camping" on the floor the last few nights which means he sleeps between that down comforter on the floor in front of Burke's cage. I guess Burke is able to sleep with Collin's snoring.

No comments: