Saturday, March 15, 2014

Progress Report

Collin came home with his progress report for the third grading period.  He has improved SO much on recognizing his letters, both lower and upper case, and what sound they make.  He received the same scores as the last time in the areas of Math Concepts, Art/Music, Science, Social Studies, Technology, Social Development, and Fine Motor Skills. 

When I opened the report, I saw that his overall comments were long so I knew that I was going to read something I would not be happy with.  Here is what his teacher wrote:

Collin is getting more comfortable with reading.  He is able to read most level 4 books, comfortably.  Collin is also recognizing and reading a variety of sight words.  Please keep practicing with him on a daily basis. 

In math, we are working on addition and subtraction.

Collin is beginning to have some difficulty being respectful during lessons.  I have noticed that he is getting off track and being silly again.  I know that Collin can do the right thing and he does know the expectations in our classroom.  We will continue to model what it looks like to be a good listener and discuss appropriate times when it is OK to be silly.

Looks like Daddy and I will be talking to him again....and I will be working with sight words with him everyday...or at least as much as I can remember.  He knows 24 our of the 50 words he needs to know before 1st grade.  Admittedly, the words he does not know ARE harder and we have not worked on them much before...except that I see Little on this list and I know he knows that word.  It's at the bottom of the list so he must have lost interest by the time that word came up.









No comments: