Monday, March 31, 2014

Baby Teeth....Gone, Just Like That

Because Collin's two front, bottom baby teeth showed no signs of getting loose, Daddy and Collin went to the dentist this morning to have those teeth pulled.  Daddy said Collin did fantastic.  He showed now signs of fear when the dentist put the mask over his nose and then used a shot to give him a local anesthesia in his gums.  Daddy was cringing through all of that and Collin was oblivious to it all because he was watching a movie on the ceiling.  Then, the dentist pulled and twisted on the two teeth until they came out.  He said they were in there and likely would not have fallen out on their own because of how long the roots were.
Not sure what this did because I was not there.  He was awake the entire time so this did not put him to sleep. 


Applying the local anesthesia

Yanking on the teeth to pull them out

Teeth are out, gauze is in

Yikes, look at those deep holes!

So proud to FINALLY have lost some teeth

Collin came home and was a little tired but feeling great.  He laid on the chair in the living room and watched Sponge Bob Square Pants until I came home to take over.  We thought Collin might want me after what he went through but he was fine.  When I got home and came over to give him a kiss, he was really cute the way he smiled at me making sure that I could see where his bottom teeth were missing.  I did not say a word waiting for him to tell me about the dentist.  He never did so I asked him about it.

Later, Grandma H came over.  She asked him questions and I could hear him from the other room telling her that the Tooth Fairy is going to give him $3 for each tooth so he was going to get $6.  I am not sure where he heard that from.  I was going to have to ask Daddy about it when he got home.  They then took the teeth out of the container they were stored in from the dentist and put them in the designated pocket of the Tooth Fairy pillow.  Collin then chose which of the six pillows on his bed he would put the Tooth Fairy Pillow under.  He chose the Star Wars pillow.

Check those roots out!  At least twice the size of his tooth.

Tooth Fairy pillow ready to go

He was to eat cold, soft food so I bought him some ice cream and Popsicles on the way home.  He did not want this and chose to have peaches and some applesauce.  He did later have some chocolate ice cream when his friend, Brody, came over to play.  Collin was so excited to show him his missing teeth that he smiled at Brody the same way he initially did with me.  Brody could not figure it out but knew that something was up.  When Collin showed him the Tooth Fairy pillow, Brody told Collin the money he got for the three teeth that he already lost.  I could see the excitement leave Collin's face as he realized that Brody lost more teeth than he did.  He finally loosing some teeth and the first friend he tells has more teeth gone.  I helped change the subject and he was fine after that.

Let's hope the Tooth Fairy remembers the $$ tonight.

No comments: