Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Zoombie Boy

Daddy says its because they watched a show once.  I am not sure if that's it our if he talks about it with his buddies at school.  Whatever the reason, Collin loves to act like a zoombie.  He walks around with his arms stretch out front, eyes closed, tongue out and making a groaning sound.  We act like we are scared and run slowly away which he loves....

One of his birthday presents was a box full of Special Effects Makeup.  Last night, Collin wanted to make blisters and dried blood.  I had not wanted to open the box before scared of the mess it was going to make.  Turns out that it was not too bad.  I read the directions to him and asked him to find the supplies we needed.  He helped measure the ingredients and mixed the stuff together.  As I was applying the blister stuff, I asked him how it felt (cold), what color was it (clear) and if it has a smell (no).  Hey, I had to make it a lesson too...without him knowing.  While that was setting, we mixed the blood using glue and food coloring.  I applied it to the blisters but that was not enough.  He wanted it all over his arm and for it to drip some.

Here is the end result.  When he saw me taking the picture, he immediately put on his zoombie face (notice the tongue).  After a few pictures, he was ready to take it off.  I was shocked that he did not want to wear it to school..which the response was going to be a "no".  Yeah, I did not have to get into that argument.
Love the tongue in this one.  See the blood dripping on the paper towel?  Sure glad I thought of that so it did not get on the granite.

This is a zoombie look too.  He loved that the blood was dripping between his fingers.

He wanted to show that the blood had dripped to his leg. 

No comments: