Monday, September 16, 2013

Modeling Clothes

I had a sweet friend give us a HUGE plastic bin full of clothes for Collin.  When I first saw it, I thought maybe I would end up pulling out a few shirts, shorts or pants.  I was in for a surprise.  Most of the clothes were from Gymboree or another name brand and looked like they were barely worn.  While Collin was watching a cartoon in the same room, I started making piles of long sleeved shirts, short sleeved shirts, jackets, pants, etc. based on size too.  At one point, I needed a break and sat on the couch with Collin.  He got us to use the bathroom and then started to look at the piles.  He looked up at me and smiled and then said, "Turn around Mommy."  I waited a minute and then asked if I could look back around.  He had pick out a pair of shorts and a shirt and changed into these pulling off the clothes he had on.  "Ta da!" With a huge grin, he showed me what he picked out.  "Can I keep these?"  I said he could and he jumped up and down with excitement.  He changed clothes three more times before settling with a cool, black shark shirt and the shorts he started with and then came and snuggled with me on the couch. 

I enjoyed this moment because my little boy was so happy to be "nice and cozy" with me watching a cartoon.  I was happy to be with him and resting from my bike ride this morning.  I had just ridden the most miles I had ever ridden (81 miles) in a bike ride that supports breast cancer.  Yes, I had surgery 6 months ago and NEVER would have thought I could ride 81 miles in the 90 degree heat.  I was determined and had the support from my team members....and my awesome, very supportive husband.  Breast cancer was not going to stop me.  :)

No comments: