Saturday, July 27, 2013

Collin-isms

Collin continues to be a great, loving little boy.  I say "little boy" but he is not so little anymore.  Just this last week, it seems like he has grown because he is not that much shorter than some of his friends.  Also, his face seems more mature.  Daddy and I are not ready for him to grow up so fast....but we are also enjoying it at the same time.

Here are some of the things he has been doing lately:
  • Just before I leave for work, he gives me "butterfly kisses" on each cheek...and I am to do the same to him.  Most of the time, he is up already and runs over to the front door to do this.  Sometimes, he is not awake.  I kiss him on the cheek, leave his room and head to the front door.  Most of the time, this does wake him up because it's about the time he is to get up anyway.  He runs out of his room to give me butterfly kisses.  I really love this part of the day.
  • He still loves to cuddle with me when we are on the couch or sitting down anywhere because I am "warm and cozy". 
  • He cannot stand to have a piece of either his fingernail or toe nail hanging off.  He will either pick or pull a the nail until he gets it off or file it down with my fingernail file.  At least he likes to stay groomed.
  • He does not like for me or anyone else to cut his hair still.  I did figure out that if he watches a movie while cutting his hair, at least I can get 15 minutes of stillness before he is ready to get off the chair.  Since the last haircut, I have not been able to get him back in the chair or even stand still so I can get a few sections in the front that I missed.
  • When he was little and tired, his legs where "broken" because he did not want to walk or do what we asked him to do.  Lately, his legs "don't have any air" and he collapses to the ground.  He does get A+ for Creativity.
  • When he brushes his hair, he wants to brush it himself.  He stands in front of the big mirror in our bathroom and concentrates while brushing each section of his hair.  He misses the back but really works at the front parting it down the middle and brushing each section off to each side. 

No comments: