Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Favorite Camp So Far?

Even though Collin had a big week last week out of town, he recovered really well and was ready for camp this week. When packing him up Sunday night, I told him about the camp and that it was going to be at the club where Mommy works out (or used to…I need to start again). I mentioned some of the activities and he was only somewhat interested: Running, crafts, swimming, art and other activities. I thought for sure he would want to talk more about running or swimming but he didn’t. Also, this camp last longer every day compared to the other camps. Because of the swimming, running and other activities, I thought for sure that Collin would be worn out and go to bed early….see where this one is going?

When he got home, he was really tired. He said that he needed to watch a movie and rest while I made dinner. During dinner, he talked most about this camp than the others on the first day.

• This is his favorite camp so far

• There is a 6-year old named Lucas

• There are girls in the camp

• He does not run as fast as the older boys

• His favorite part was swimming. They got to swim in the outdoor pool. He has only swam in the indoor pool before.

• He colored a picture for me

• He got lots of snacks in the afternoon…..which explained why he did not eat all of his lunch. I don’t normally do it, but I packed three medium sized marshmallows in his lunch because these are his favorite. However, he did not eat them at all. I asked why and he said, “too much sugar”. Well, true….

After dinner, which he did not eat much of, I thought he would want to return to the couch to rest. He help me in the kitchen instead. After juicing, he rinsed all of the dishes. This gave him energy because he did not fall asleep in his bed until 8:45pm. Now, that’s not 9pm or after, I know…but it’s close enough.

This morning as I was leaving, we talked about him having a good day and returning to “the camp at the club”. He said we should call it “swim camp” instead.  Guess he is really enjoying it and that swimming is his favorite.

No comments: