Monday, February 11, 2013

Valentine Cards

I know I am behind these days but there is so much to keep up with.  However, I was ahead of the game tonight when Collin and I started to work on his Valentine's Day cards for school.  This past weekend, we bought the supplies together and were ready to get started.  We had to make a card for each of his 23 classmates.  I separated out the hearts into the different colors: white, hot pink, pink, purple and red.  He informed me that only the red or white was for the boys and the rest were girl colors.  I called the students name out from the list and he told me what color heart to select and write the message on front and then the To and From on the back.  For the boys, he wanted to say "You're Cool" and for the girls he said "My Friend".  After writing the messages, I peeled and he stuck little colored heart stickers on the big hearts.  We also made heart cards for Linden, Saige, Foard and Hawkins that said "You're my best friend". 


He signed and put stickers in the cards for Mimi and Grandma H.  Last was the card for Ms Hansen.  He thought about what he wanted to write and, then with a smile, had me write the following:

Awww...good to know that he does really like his teacher.  I was happy that we did finish making all of the cards tonight and did not have to rush finishing all of these tomorrow night.  I love it when a plan comes together!

No comments: