Wednesday, December 23, 2009

One Shopping Day Left


Collin was feeling the pressure this afternoon when I picked him up to get a gift for Daddy for Christmas....not really, mommy was. We stopped by the local drug store to pick up a few things. Collin wants to really help out these days. I have him a basket to carry around. He not only helped me include things in the basket that I did want to buy but added a few things himself. He would tell me "what about this one?", hold it up and then put it in the basket. He saw something else, said "let's get this one" and put it in the basket. In just a few minutes, he collected in the basket a hair brush, 2 pumice stones, a Pedi-Egg and Mickey Mouse playing the drums. None of these things are what I came in the store for. I had to sneakily put these back while including the few items that I had intended to buy. People smiled when they saw my little helper.
When it came time to check out, he wanted to take each item one at a time out of the basket. The clerk did not have the patience for this but Collin did not care....neither did I. We were making memories.

No comments: