Saturday, February 21, 2009

What a Day!!

Daddy stayed home a little more this morning than usual. Collin and I thought it was great. After breakfast of blueberry muffins and a short nap, we all headed to the park. Collin likes to climb up the stairs and then slide down one of the many slides. He did this over and over again even when we put him at another spot on the playground, he found his way back to his favorite slide and slid down it. Every time we are there, there is a lot of static on the slides. Here is a picture of him after sliding down the toddler smaller slide. Check that hair out! His seems to collect more static than the other kids for some reason.

After coming back home, Mimi called to say she was coming over to help mommy so we decided to bake some cookies for her...and daddy later. Collin was not sure he liked the beaters. when I used them to cream the eggs and sugar together. I showed him what I was doing and he looked in quickly and then backed away. Once I was finished with the beaters, I thought it would be fun to lick the beaters. Collin did not know what to do at first until I showed him a few times what to do. Once he figured it out, he wanted my beater too. He stood there an licked most of the cookie dough off the beaters. I should have known...that's what mommy and daddy like to do to. He fits right in with the family....but we knew that before today anyway.

Mimi came over and had fun playing with us. After a short nap, we went to the grocery store. Apparently Collin wanted a snack because when he saw me put a loaf of bread in the cart, he wanted a piece of it. Mimi gave him a corner, he ate it and wanted more. He did eventually eat the entire piece. I would have given him an apple from the produce section like we do sometimes but he did not seem hungry when we were in that section of the store. We got home and feed him more.

Later tonight, I was making dinner and noticed that Collin was pointing to where I keep the diapers. I was not sure why but gave him one anyway. He walked off with it into the living room. I took a break while the noodles were cooking to play with Collin a little. When I turned the corner from the kitchen, I died laughing. Collin had taken the diaper, opened it up, put it on the floor and put his favorite stuff animal on it. This is what daddy does at night after Collin gets a bath. I thought it was too funny that Collin did this to his stuff animal. Hmmmm....did that mean that Collin needed his diaper changed? I checked and he did! Was this his way of telling me he needed his changed?

No comments: