Sunday, February 8, 2009

Fun in the park


This morning after breakfast, Collin and I went to the local park by our house. Along the way, we saw some puppies that Collin had to bark and point at. I walk by the dog park on purpose so he can enjoy watching the dogs run around and bark at each other. Once a the park, he wanted to swing but only for a little while because he spotted the seesaw. We had not been to this park in awhile so I guess he missed being on this. I sat on the other end and we went up and down. I would stop and he would kick his legs to tell me to do it again.

Next, it was time to play on the big playground. He loves to run back and forth along the bridge that dips down in the middle and moves. He would sometimes stop in the middle to bounce up and down which really means for mommy to do the same so the bridge will shake. He then saw something he could climb on so he got down from the bridge and ran over to the ladder. He needed help and reached out to me finger so he could hold onto it while he climbed up the ladder. He then ran across the bridge, down the steps and then to the ladder to do it all over again. He did this for at least 4 times until he saw the squirrel and decided to chase after it. He scrunched his nose and got a little mad when the squirrel ran for safety up the tree. It was too funny!


Then, I thought he might like playing with the T-ball set I got him the other day. The bat is still huge compared to him so he was not interested in using it. He did want to throw the balls to me so I could throw them back. He's got a really good arm....for most of the throws. I thought for sure he would be tired and ready for a nap by now since we had been at the park for about 45 min. so we headed back home. He's still awake and it's almost an hour later. No such luck!

No comments: