Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Last Swim Meet

...and just like that, the swim team season is over.  Despite a rain delay of an hour, the Cudas swam hard and won their last meet by over 50 points!  Collin was scheduled for only 3 heats and ended up swimming the backstroke for a swimmer that could not make it.  Even though backstroke is his favorite and best, he has not swam this stroke in any of the meets.  We were not sure why but knew it was hard to schedule all of these kids for each of the meets.  Collin was not sure about swimming for someone else but his dad encouraged him to do so while I was keeping the score for the meet.  Because the scoring table is right by the pool, I had a great seat to watch all of the kids swim, including Collin. I saw him swimming the backstroke and doing great.  He did not take a moment to look over at the other lane which helped him win is first 1st place ribbon of the season.  He was so excited about this had told me the details of the last seconds when he brought his ribbon over to show me.  I wish I could have taken a picture of this finish or of him swimming but I am not allowed to at the scoring table.  That's certainly a negative about volunteering for that spot.

The boys had a good time swimming and playing.  That night, I asked Collin if he was sad the season was over.  He said, "It is?  That was really fast this year mom."  It sure was Collin.

The 7/8 boys ready to swim
Collin on the Ready bench waiting his turn

Collin is on the 2nd row, 2nd person to the right.


No comments: