Sunday, August 9, 2015

Fun at Memaw's with the Cousins

We had a BLAST at Memaw's Saturday.  Collin and I drove up that morning and spent over 8 hours playing and spending time with Memaw.  We were there for about 2 hours before the cousins showed up.  Collin was too excited about them arriving so he asked every 30 minutes when they were going to get there.  Memaw and him went outside and threw the football a little until he got spooked when he saw a wasps nest.  I came out to kill the wasps I saw and then tried to find the source.  Memaw and I worked on the wasps for 30 minutes to help ease Collin's fears so he would want to play outside when the kids got there.

When they arrived, we had lunch consisting of a cheese and a veggie lasagna, bread and salad.  The lasagna was really good...and I was hungry.  Collin picked at his food but did eat his lasagna eventually.  Timmy and Leah ate everything.  Timmy was hungry because he had two more helpings of lasagna.

Because it was hot and over 100 degrees outside, we found things for the kids to do inside including:

1.  Ride Laura - I acted like a dog, horse or whatever for the kids to ride,  While on my back, I did try to "buck" them off.  Even Paul gave the kids a ride around the living area but was more careful because Tyson joined in on the fun.




Leah is squeezed in there between Timmy and Collin
2. Handstands - I am not sure why she started it, but Leah wanted me to help her do a handstand against the wall.  Collin saw her doing it and wanted to try it.  I was surprised to see him flip his legs over his head and stay in that position for so long.  Timmy came over and tried, too, but needed help getting into position.  Later, Lisa and I tried it.  I was able to get into a handstand position.  Lisa bent over and Paul tried to help her up.  She farted twice and gave up.  I love my sister!





Not bad for a 45 year old without practicing before this picture

3.  While all of this was going on, Tyson was determined to catch the dog, Little Bit.


4.  I brought material to make the headbands we plan to use during Collin's birthday party next weekend.  There will be one team of red and one team of blue for the Ninja Warrior competition.  Memaw had all of the cutting supplies needed and I knew I would take the time to do it there instead of trying to fit it in during the week.  The material was MUCH harder to cut a straight line than we anticipated but we got the job done.  The kids will not care that the headbands are not straight.  I will try to sleep at night knowing they are not.....just kidding!




The kids were tired of being inside so we went outside in the shade to feed the donkeys.  A neighbor brought over the biggest carrots I have ever seen (earlier in the week) to feed the donkeys.  The baby was really aggressive so we had to watch the kids when they were feeding him.  Even Tyson was mesmerized with watching the donkeys crunch the carrots.








Otherwise, the kids sat and played video games or watched some TV.  They did not do this too much because there were plenty of things to keep them busy but they did need to rest too.


On the way home, Collin wanted to stop and get a Whataburger.  He saw several on the way to Memaw's and said he wanted to get one for dinner.  I thought he would either forget or not be hungry...but he was hungry and wanted to stop.  Not only did he eat his cheese burger and fries, he ate half of my fries before asking a question and then fell asleep for the rest of the drive home.  He continued to stay asleep when we got home after 9pm.
Happy boy with his cheeseburger

No comments: