Saturday, December 6, 2014

Rudolph Fun Run

Because we did not have a football or soccer game this morning AND we were in town Collin finally got to do another run. We dressed up because I thought it would be fun. Collin wore a Santa hat that had antlers. I had a red nose for him but he did not want to were it. "I cannot breathe with it on". He did test out running with the had several times to make sure it would stay on his head.

In front of our house

While waiting for the kids 1K to start, Santa arrived. Collin was excited to see him but had questions and comments:

- "How did he get here so fast?"
- "Where are the reindeer?"
- "His hair is connected to his head so he must be real"
- "He even took his hat off to sing the Star Spangled Banner. He IS real."




When he Sat on his lap, he said he wanted snow for Christmas. Santa looked over at me and I just drugged mu shoulders. He said he did not want anything else. Later, he said he wanted an Xbox but that he knew we would not let him have one.

We had to wait for the adult races to go first. Collin got bored fast in that 30 minutes. We used his Rudolph nose he was supposed to wear and threw it at eat other instead. Finally, it was time to line up.  He wanted to be up front when the race started. The race director said, "Go!". Collin took off and never stopped. He was close to the front with four other older boys. When they rounded the first corner, I lost track of him until I got to that point. He had passed two of the boys up and was gaining on the boy in the lead. I was running as fast as in could but I could not keep up with the sub-7 minute mile pace he was keeping. When I crossed the finish line, I found out he best all of the boys and finished 1st.  "Mom! I was the fastest and finished 1st!". He then proudly showed me his medal and recounted the race just like I usually do.


He walked by the post-race food and wanted donuts instead. They did not have any but he did not want to leave just yet. Good thing we didn't because the fire truck arrived for the kids to look at and sit in. Collin acted like he was at a photo shoot while looking the truck over.  "Mom, take a picture.  OK, take another one" as he moved into different poses.
 





On the way back home, he wanted to know when was the next race. Good thing I planned headed and thought he might ask. We are singed up for another race next weekend.


No comments: