Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day of 1st Grade

 
Collin had to be woken up to eat breakfast and get ready for school.  There was no excitement about going to school.  He acted like it was any other day.  After eating breakfast consisting of chocolate chip muffins (how about that sugar boost?), we headed outside into the humidity to take pictures.  We were not the only ones making their child hold a sign or pose for a "first day" picture.  Collin was happy to hold the sign and smile.  He was in a great mood and joking around while doing it. After the first picture, he flipped the sign around and smiled ready for another one. 
What a smile!
Showing off his new soccer backpack

Being a turkey flipping the sign around.  I know he wanted a reaction so I laughed and took the picture.

He gave me the biggest hug.  I loved it!

What a good looking family. :)

We then headed to the bus to meet up with the other kids.  New to the stop this year were his buddies, Saige and Linden, plus 3 kids from down the street.  The bus stop was full. Time for more pictures! 

Collin, Saige, Linden, Patrick (in back) and the new kids from down the street

The entire crew ready for the bus

Buddies - Collin and Jacob

When the bus arrived at 7:56am (they are the last stop), Collin ran over to give me a big hug, then gave Daddy (oh, sorry, I should be using Dad now) a hug before getting in line to get on the bus.  They have one of the new busses this year.  I hope the A/C works better so he is not so hot when he gets off the bus. 

Looks happy to be getting on the bus

This was funny watching the parents watch their kids get on the bus
I had to work late tonight because it's that time of year for tax deadlines so I did not get to see Collin before he went to bed.  I heard he had a good day.  He sat by Jack and Gio at lunch.  He has been in the same class as these guys for the past two years.  Seeing familiar faces helped him, I am sure.

He was tired and in bed before 8pm tonight.  Looks like it was a great first day.

No comments: