Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Famous Mommy

Collin is liking the attention I am getting because of breast cancer.  This Sunday, we went to the baseball game for Family Day with my work.  We had to arrive early because I was being honored on the field with a few other work colleagues resulting from the recent breast cancer walk.  I was the top fundraiser and the others were top donation, largest team and best costume. 

I had to wear a Field Pass around my neck so I could go on the field.  Collin really wanted to go with me but they would not let him.  Good thing he did not go because I stood on the side of the field for 45 minutes waiting until we were on the big screen and introduced to the crowd.  I don't think he would have been bored though...just tired of standing like I was.  While we were on the field, we got to see the players warm up, the mascot walk around and joke with us and the players and look up at the people in the stands.

When it was time for us to be on the big screen, we walked behind home plate and then the lady signaled that we were on the big screen.  They called me out first stating my name and then why I was there.  I felt like a giant on the screen and especially because I was standing in between two ladies shorter than 5' 4" tall.  I had my phone in my pocket and could feel the texts I was getting probably from people seeing me on the screen.  This was a televised game so I did expect to hear from a few people I know that regularly watch the games. 

Getting ready to walk on the field

This is what Daddy and Collin were doing in the stands while waiting on me.  What are you teaching our son?!?!  Shows that boys will be boys.

When we were finished, we stayed on the side of the field for the remaining opening ceremonies and then head to where the rest of our family was.  Collin said he liked seeing me on the big TV...and then quickly changed subjects.  Unlike prior years, he wanted to eat as fast as he could and then head to the seats to watch the game.  Instead of asking questions about the plays, he made comment about how good they were, why the play was good, etc.  I really had fun watching the game with him. 

We did not stay long because I had to get back home to host a fundraiser for Team Wonder Woman.  This is the team formed last year for the Tour de Pink which is a bike ride to raise funds for mammograms.  I did really well fundraising last year jut by asking for donations.  This year, I am WAY behind at $180 so I decided to host a party for Thirty-One Gifts with the proceeds going to my fundraising.  People are more willing to part with their money if they get something in return.

No comments: