Monday, June 2, 2014

Letters from a Kindergartener

As a gift to his Kindergarten teacher, Collin wrote two letters to be included with letters from the other students in a book to give to the teacher the last day of school.  One letter is why he loves his teacher and the other is what his favorite part of Kindergarten was.  He drew pictures on each of the letters.  I think the turned out good for a kid that was not interested in this "assignment" at all and was not focused while doing it.

The first letter:

I love Mrs. Mitchell. 
She is a good teacher





The second letter:

My favorite part of
Kindergarten is Math,
Recess and work stations.

I assumed recess would make the list but was REALLY pleasantly surprised to see that he mentioned Math too.  Work stations is when they work with electronics like iPads and iTouches.  That is not a surprise at all.  I did not even know they did that until he wrote this and I asked him questions about it. 

Notice how he signed is name on this letter.  He said, "I signed my name like you write my name sometimes."  They don't teach cursive in school anymore.  Collin just taught himself to write his name in cursive by watching me.  Smart little man!

 
Because he was wearing a school shirt today, I had him wear his graduation hat again and hold his diploma so I could get better pictures and because it was really nice out.  He was happy and cooperative to have his picture taken. 



 
 

No comments: