Saturday, June 14, 2014

Collin's New Room

While I was on leave, I wanted to make sure that we fixed up Collin's room.  Here is what it looked like before.  Not bad but just "blah" in my opinion.

 


Collin and I talked about his room a few months back and he really liked a soccer theme wall sticker I found.  I showed him this again recently and he still really liked it...so I ordered it.  I had his walls painted a blue that he picked out.  Also, he needed something to display his trophies he has started to accumulate and now the ribbons from swimming, the running/race bib numbers and awards.  I had an armoire we used in his other room before we remodeled that was perfect for this so we moved it into his room and the small shelf out.

Here is a work in progress but a good idea of where we are headed.  He spent most of the afternoon in his room shooting goals at the wall or laying on his bed watching a movie.  That shows me that he likes his room enough to be in it other than to sleep.  I still need to hang some pictures back on the walls but these are too heavy right now (I am not supposed to lift over 8 lbs after my surgery for another 3-4 weeks). 

See how the armoire is great for his books and trophies.  The middle section is where he has his dinosaurs right now.  To the right, I will have a wall plaque to hang his ribbons, race bibs and medals.

Tada!  Look at that cool soccer goal and soccer player.  This is his favorite part of his room.
 
Here he is shooting a goal.  He is saying GOOOAAALLL when the ball hits the wall like they do on TV.
 


No comments: