Sunday, June 8, 2014

Jealous of Grandma H

Grandma H is in the hospital again.  This time, she was really groggy because she had just had surgery.  So, she really needed help getting a drink and eating.  I helped her with this and she told me I was being so sweet.  Collin heard this and gave me such a dirty look.  After I finished feeding her, he told me that he was mad at me because I have never done that before to him.  This was not the place to argue with him telling him I feed him as a baby everyday.  I thought he was probably scared seeing Grandma H this way and needed some attention.  I sat with him in a chair and hugged on him until we left.

That night, Collin wanted me to give him some water through a straw and some ice chips like Grandma H.  Then he made a noise and held his finger to the side of his bed.  He explained that he was raising his legs on the bed like her hospital bed did.  I had to put a pillow under his legs.  He tummy hurt (not really) so he needed me to rub his head.  Then, after one more sip of drink, he closed his eyes and started snoring.

I know this is a lot for him to understand especially with what we went through last year with me and Grandma Filla....now Grandma H is sick, in his eyes.

No comments: