Saturday, May 24, 2014

"This Has Been Awesome"

I had my 5th surgery in 15 months this past Tuesday as part of the overall treatment of breast cancer.  This should be my last surgery so I was looking forward to getting it over with and onto recovery, again. 

Waiting for surgery.  That smile must be because I know I can eat soon.  :)

So that Collin would be occupied and allow me to be able to rest like I needed to when I got home from surgery, we made sure that he had plenty to do after school.  Thursday, his buddy Brody road the bus home with him.  Mimi took the boys to swim practice and then Brody's mom took them to soccer skills clinic and then dinner.  Collin got home after 8pm and still had lots of energy.  He did go to sleep close to 9:15pm so not too bad.  Friday, he rode the bus home with Ford, his friend from school and baseball.  The boys played and swam until close to 6pm.  Today, Collin would hang out at Brody's for a few hours and then spend the night with Oliver.  While waiting for Daddy to get ready to drop him off at Brody's house, Collin told me that these have been the most awesome days.  I asked why and he said that he has had so much fun with his friends.  "First there was Brody at my house, then I went to Ford's and now I am going back to Brody's house.  I spend the night with Oliver tonight.  That's what's awesome."  I am sure he has noticed that I am sitting around, A LOT, since I have been home.  I was really happy to hear that just because I could not be active and play with him did not result in him being bored.  I loved seeing the excitement in his eyes as he was talking about today and what he hoped he would do.

No comments: