Saturday, March 30, 2013

Friends, Egg Hunt and Lots of Fun

School was closed Friday so Collin and I hung out together with friends while Daddy worked.  For several hours, we hung out at Jacob's house.  The boys played in the playroom, played Wii (Collin is not very good at this because we do not have this game at home.  However, he did eventually get the hang of it), and then played outside for the longest time.  Jacob's mom and I watched the boys while we caught up.

Later that evening, we met Foard's family out while they were having dinner to drop Collin off.  He was spending the night so that Daddy and I could have a date night.  After dropping Collin off, we went to Whole Foods for dinner and then bought supplies for chemo that will be starting next Thursday.  This might not sound like the beginning of a great date night, but we both really enjoyed our meal and the time we were spending together.  Instead of going to see a movie at the theater, I was tired and wanted to rent one at the apartment.  I am glad we did decide to do this because we were able to get comfortable in our PJs while laying on the couch watching not one, but two movies.

The next morning, I stayed at the apartment resting and stuffing eggs for the egg hunt later that day while Daddy worked.  I picked up Collin around noon before heading to lunch with friends.  This was the first time I had driven since my surgery.  It was great to drive again.

We met Oliver, Lucy and their mommy, Ms Bonnie for lunch and sat outside to enjoy the great weather.  The kids had fun with each other.  They played hide-n-seek on the patio when they finished eating.  It was not too busy at the restaurant so we let the kids enjoy this time.

Collin and I rested when we got home because I knew the egg hunt was later in the day.  Daddy came home to see that both of us were napping which he quickly did also.  I really needed to sleep more but we had to get up so that I cold help hide some eggs before the 2nd annual egg hunt on our street.  Ms Kristen was already out hiding eggs when we arrived so we had to hide Collin's eyes while carrying him into her house so that he would not cheat and see where all of the eggs where.  I spent about 15 minutes hiding the eggs we contributed to the hunt.

The kids were eager to start.  I was so happy to see more kids this year than last.  The neighborhood keeps changing and more and more little kids are moving in with their parents.  There were 12 kids there with the majority of them being 5 years old or younger.  We counted to three and then they started running around collecting eggs that were hidden in four yards including ours.  Inside of a small basket, Collin chose to use the bag I brought that I used to carry the stuffed eggs in.  Very wise choice because he must have found over 30 eggs.  The parents had fun watching the kids run around looking for the eggs.  When the finished, they all opened a few eggs.  Collin wanted me to wear a necklace that was in one of his larger eggs.  When he opened an egg with candy, he put the candy in the bag to "save it for later.  That's a good thing because it was time for dinner.  We did not stay at the Jureks because I was exhausted.  I have enough energy to last about 3 hours before needing to nap or at least rest.


Linden, Collin and Saige starting the hunt at the first house

Collin had to show me that he found an egg that looked like a football

At the edge of our yard finding eggs

I think he did really well, don't you?

Very wise decision to come home.  The boys showered and we all got in our PJs.  We ordered Chinese and then relaxed by either reading or watching movies.  Just what we all needed...especially me.  I started to hurt so I took so medicine and felt better about 20 minutes later. 

Oh, yes, Collin did arrive to the egg hunt as a bunny with his whiskers and pink nose.  He wore his bunny ears in the car but took them off when we arrived.  Maybe he thought these would slow him down during the egg hunt.

Tomorrow, we celebrate Easter with family and friends. 

No comments: