Sunday, March 3, 2013

Rodeo Day at School

Friday, Collin had Rodeo Day at school Friday morning.  He went to school in regular clothes because I had no idea where his cowboy hat was at the house and he refuses to wear button down shirts.  The shirt thing is probably from when he had to wear a uniform at Montessori school....there were buttons on his shirt he had to button every day.

I was lucky enough to be a volunteer for the morning.  My job was to lead a group of students around to the six different stations of fun.  The stations where:  bean bag toss, sack racing, horse shoes, stick horse racing, snack station (the favorite), bingo, and a station set up to make a sheriff's fest.  My group of seven boys were not as rowdy as you would think for a bunch of 5 year olds.  They really loved the sack racing and the horse shoes.  I had a hard time pulling them away from these two stations when it was time to "rotate" or move to the next station.  No, Collin was not in my group on purpose.  When I was in the same area his group was, he did come up to me to tell me what he was doing at the moment or to get a hug.  I think he liked me being there.

Here is my group playing bingo:



While my group was playing bingo, Collin stopped by to show me the vest he made.  He was really proud to show me the stickers he put all over it.



At the end of the fun, the kids got to take their picture in their vest, waving a flag in front of a painted cowboy.  Then, the entire class did this.  They loved having their individual picture taken.


No comments: