Tuesday, September 25, 2012

"What happens to me when everyone dies?"

For the past few weeks, Collin has regularly asked and talked about death.  Tonight he said, "Mommy, what if all of the people in the whole wide world die and the police man cannot wake them up?"  I asked if he was worried about me leaving him and he said he was.  I am working a lot of hours right now so maybe he is missing me.  However, Mimi and Grandma H said that he has brought up the death topic to them and asked similar questions like while they die, will Mommy or Daddy die?  Do all kids talk about death at some time or another?  What is he worried about?  No one close to him/us has recently died and his books don't have death in them. 

He seems to talk about it a lot and I am not sure where this is coming from.

No comments: