Monday, June 4, 2012

"Out of Power"

It was a really busy weekend with Collin being a HUGE helper.  Mommy had to work some on Saturday morning so Daddy and Collin worked on chores.  First, Collin helped Daddy clean out the water heater closet on the side of the house.  There were several things in there left from the previous owner that were gathering dust.  This was not safe to be next to a water heater.  Then, the boys started cleaning out the garage.  At one point, Collin came into the house saying, "Mommy, Daddy and I need sweat rags.  We need two of them because I am really sweaty."  He did go back outside armed with the sweat rags and worked at least another hour.  Next, they headed to the park where I was racing in the morning to help set up.  Daddy said that Collin continued to be a big helper there too.  I met them for lunch and could tell that Collin was tired but thought he might pick up some energy when he got home. 

When home, I asked him what he wanted to do.  He said "I have ran out of power and need to rest.  If I watch a movie, I might get more power".  He sure did look like he did not want to do anything.  Grandma H was coming over soon to pick him up and take him back to her house for the day and night.  We would see him tomorrow after the race.  He did not nap while on his way to Grandma H's and continued to not have much "power".  Chores are hard work little buddy, huh?

No comments: