Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Elementary School and the Blue Band


See the blue bands that Collin has on his wrists?  We had to wear these to be admitted into the pool during our Memorial weekend vacation.  We did not have to wear two of them like he has but he wanted two so they gave him another one.  On the last day of the trip, Daddy and I took our off and Collin wanted to know why we did this.  "We don't need them anymore" was Daddy's reply but that did not satisfy Collin.  He wanted to know why we did not need them.  "We are leaving and do not need them to get back into the pool".  I went to take Collin's off and he put his wrists behind his back.  Oh, what was the harm.  He would probably want them off later when we got home.  Nope....he is still wearing them today...over three weeks after the trip.  I asked him why he was wearing them and he told me "I am going to wear them until I go to school."  I thought he meant to his Montessori school but he meant until he goes to his new Elementary school.  I explained that was many, many weeks away and lots of nights.  He said "I already know that" which is a typical response from him. 

I asked him over the weekend when he was going to take them off and he said he would after his birthday.  Well, that's also close to when school is starting.  This kid is determined .... I did already know he was determined, I mean stubborn, like his Mommy.  I will be interested to see how long he really does leave the band on and if he changes his mind once school does start.

No comments: