Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Minnesota - First few days

Miss us? Think I would not be able to post for a week? hehehe I found a way. We are having a great time in Minnesota so far. Collin is loving it because he has gotten in the water every day. Our first night was spent in the best hotel EVER that was out in the boonies. The place had a free indoor water park. I saw it online and thought it would be fun for Collin to play in a little after traveling for over 6 hours that day. I had no idea how much of a good idea this was going to be. Daddy even had a great time....so much so that we asked for a later check out the next day so we could go again in the morning before we left for Pelican Lake....our ultimate destination. Here are a few pictures of the park.

















We have been at the lake two days and Collin has helped mommy and daddy play water volleyball in the indoor pool, played in the sand and lake and went for a walk/run with mommy both mornings. The water is still his favorite. I have enjoyed the morning walks but have found that I need to be strategic about the route I take. If there is any sight of the water, Collin will talk about it until we stop to look at it. I am not stupid though. If we stop, he will want in and I am not ready for that battle in the morning. He did finally get in the lake today that he has seen for the last two days. At first, he was content to play in the sand until he saw Saige playing in the lake water with her daddy (our friends, the Jureks, are here too which is why we are here in the first place). He ran as best as he could in the sand over to the water and stood at the edge to watch Saige play. He then tried it himself. He enjoyed grabbing a fist of mud out of the water and then dumping it back in. He did this again and again until Saige started splashing so he joined in.

1 comment:

Maria said...

I think I need you to plan our next vacation. It looks like you are having a blast. I am jealous.. we are burning up here in Houston in 100 degree heat.