Saturday, June 23, 2018

Tennis Anyone?

Because we have access to tennis courts near the treehouse, I thought it would be fun to play some tennis while on vacation. I found two VERY nice, used  tennis rackets at a local resale shop which was ideal in case tennis didn’t go over so well with the family. I have not played tennis since I was a little girl when I used to play with my grandfather. Thought it would be fun to teach Collin how to play. Collin was on board with learning to play instead of his usual complaining about doing something new.  I wondered how long that would last once we got on the court. 😉

Dad went with us and sat out the first few rounds are practicing because we still only had the two rackets. I wondered how much of Collin’s ping pong playing would mess up his tennis.  I did have to work on him not hitting it too hard like a baseball and also hitting it high up in the air. At least he was OK with going after all the balls that he hit outside the court. We played for about an hour between the three of us. Collin did really well for his first time. I also had fun playing with Dad. I had no idea that he knew how to play so well. Learn something new every day!










No comments: