Saturday, June 9, 2018

Angel Fire in June

Instead of Collin attending camps every week now that school is out, we decided to spend a month on Angel Fire at the Treehouse. We arrived Monday and have already done so much in less than a week. 

Downhill Mountain Biking

Angel Fire is know nationally as having one of the best  downhill mountain biking courses. There are national races on the mountain regularly. So, when Dad mentioned us riding down the mountain, I was REALLY nervous. We scheduled 3 hours to ride one morning.  To get up the mountain,  the ski lift has several chairs converted into mountain bike racks. I had never seen such a thing before. Each converted lift held three bikes which was perfect for us.  Once at the top, we put our gear on including a full faced helmet and gloves. Ok, no turning back now. When we first took off, I reminded myself to not hold the brakes too much so I would not flip over the handle bars. I was really nervous at how fast I was going and the rocky terrain. We finally came to a single track course with lots of switchbacks. Collin and I had to warm up a little before not having to stop or slow down too much at each turn. Evenrually, I did feel comfortable and stared to speed up. By the time we got down the mountain, we were all ready to go again. It was so much fun!





Yoga at the Mountain Top

I had a blast doing yoga for an hour at the top of the mountain the second morning we arrived. I thought for sure I would be the youngest there but was pleasantly surprised to see all ages there. I was not expecting too much from the instructor but she was decent. The views though were incredible!  I did forget to wear sunscreen (who wears sunscreen when doing yoga) so my fave and neck area got really burnt. 



Golf

So far, the boys have golfed twice this week while I sat back and enjoyed watching them. Collin is so competitive that he celebrated every time he beat Dad on each hole. Only a few times did they tie. Dad did hit into the sand more than Collin. The scenery was amazing and the weather could not be better. 








Evening

We put the hammocks up and enjoy spending time in them in the early evening watching the sun set which is spectacular in Angel Fire. 




Fly a Kite

I might have had the best time being a kid again and flying a kite in an open field near the Treehouse. It did not take me long to remember how to do it. Collin had a lot of fun etching Dad and I take turns flying the kite. I cannot wait to do it again. 






We are having a great time so far and have several weeks to go. Mini and Pappy arrive tomorrow for the week. We are excited for them to be here...especially Collin. 

No comments: