Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Feel My Pain?

I wanted to show my family some of the trail I ran for the endurance race the prior Saturday.  We invited our new friends, Tiffany and Tripp, to go with us. Instead of hiking up the mountain, we road the chairlift up to hike down the 4.5 mile Enchanted trail on the Angel Fire bike/ski mountain. The boys hit it off quickly and hiked a little ahead of us. It was really steep at first so we all went very slow. He boys found a hiking stick each to help them stay on the trail. 




We did have to stop several times to rest and give our legs a break. The boys would find rocks and try to sharpen the sticks they found. About a mile from the end, the scenery really changed. We hiked along a cold stream. Both boys just had to step in it and even drink from it. Yuck!  


We eventually made it to the end of the trail....tired and hungry. Hey all were VERY impressed that I had RAN down that part of the mountain AND ran up it at the start of the race. I especially wanted Collin to know what I had ran and just how challenging it was. 

We are the the Mexican restaurant at the base of the mountain. Later, Tripp came to our house to play. They played hide-n-seek, road the go cart, played video games and just had fun. I am so glad they got along and that Collin found a friend to play with while we are in Angel Fire. 

No comments: