Thursday, November 23, 2017

Frozen Turkey Race

For our Thanksgiving trip to Angel Fire, we spent 3 days inside because Collin was sick when we arrived. We wanted him to get better so we could snow ski for a day or two. Then...we made a trip to Urgent Care for me because I had not one but 3 cornea abrasions on my left eye. I had to wear an eye patch for 48 hours and use antibiotic drops for 3-5 days. SO....at least we had a gorgeous view from inside the house while we stayed inside. We made the most of it by catching up on a lot of movies, playing games and walking Burke. We played at least three games of Monopoly and found out that Collin is a real estate mogul and quickly figured out that he needed to own Boardwalk and Park Place. He kicked our butts the first game but then lost the next two games because he spent all of his money on houses on these properties. 










Today, I had to get out of the house because I was going crazy. If you know me well, you know that it’s difficult for me to just sit. Because I couldn’t see well because of the patch, I could not relax and even read a book. I had to sit and watch TV which was a big strain on my right eye.  We went to Red River to play in some snow and for Collin to compete in the frozen turkey dash which was using a frozen turkey to slide down the mountain. It was hilarious to watch. He did have to watch a few kids do it first before he decided he would do it too and lined up. He did not win but had a lot of fun. 







After an amazing turkey dinner at a local BBQ place, we took the truck up the mountains in search of snow because there we not much on the ski mountain. The truck did great climbing and maneuvering around the turns. The view was amazing!!!  Collin found some snow to play in and was happy too. 







No comments: