Saturday, January 24, 2015

Mystery Reader

Every Friday morning, there is a Mystery Reader at school. Each day the kids receive a clue about the Mystery Reader to try to guess who it is. This week Dad was the Mystery Reader and the clues were:

  • I drive a black truck
  • I can grow a mustache in less than one minute
  • I have been to 40 states
  • I like rap music
Friday morning, Dad and I showed up at school at 8:30 which is when the Mystery Reader is supposed to appear. The teacher opened the door and Dad walked in. Just before, he had put on a sticker mustache so he could resemble one of the clues he gave. Apparently, he has been wearing this mustache on Tuesdays when he volunteers at the library.  The kids love it but the Librarian and told him he can't do it every time because the kids get really excited and stirred up.

Dad was a hit as the reader. The kids got all excited when he walked in, Collin especially.  Collin felt special because he got to sit up front right next to Dad. The book dad chose was Telephone which has a bunch of birds sitting on a telephone wire playing the telephone game. He did a great job of reading to the kids and they were laughing and I really enjoyed the story.

After he finished the book, the kids got to play two rounds of the telephone game. The first phrase Dad choose was "I like to eat chocolate ice cream" and by the time it came back around it was "someone said something". This got the kids laughing really hard. The next time they really figured the game out. Dad started with "I drive a Jeep" and it ended up "I peed in my pants". You could tell when the change because it kids started laughing halfway through as the secret was going around.  Dad thought it was funny and laughed with the kids.  So much fun.....

For some reason, I cannot load the great pictures we were able to get from the morning.  I'll keep trying.



No comments: