Monday, November 3, 2014

Butler Collin

Colin still likes to clean and be helpful around the house only when it's not cleaning his room or putting his toys away. Before and after the football party Saturday, Collin helped us clean the house.  Well, is a version of helping and what he wanted to clean. He pulled out a duster and started dusting the table and all of the furniture. He then wanted to dust the kitchen island and counters. I tried to explain that wasn't necessary and he was fine with my exclamation. I turned around and saw him dusting each step of our stairs leading to his game room. He saw me and said, "it's like I'm a Butler for the family. I like being the Butler. Aren't I doing a good job?"  Daddy was in the room and heard his comments. Neither one of us have ever used the term Butler so we have no idea where he got it from. I did have to applaud him for using it correctly and his sentence. :). I just responded saying he was doing a great job and how helpful he was. He quit dusting and went outside to sweep the front porch area. What a difference it really made!  Other than needing help with the dustpan, he really did do a good job.

After he finished, he did let me know what cleaning supplies he needs in order to clean the rest of the house. We needed more "spray stuff for the windows" and "colored sponges".

No comments: