Friday, July 11, 2014

Catching Up

It's been a little crazy for the past few weeks.  I have managed to keep up with a few posts but I thought I would fill in some of the missing pieces of why we have been busy:
  • Daddy sold the business.  He did the for several reasons but it turns out to be great timing for the family.  He can also spend more time with us and pursue some of the other business ideas he has had in the last few years.

  • I am still recovering from the last, and final, breast cancer related surgery.  I have another week or two of recovery before I can start working out again.  At first, I could not sit still and missed working out.  However, I have been so tired and sleeping 11-12 hours a night that I don't know when I would find the time to work out.  I did go back to work a month ago and which has adding to being busy and tired at the same time.  This is the start of the busiest time of year.  I am still working 32 hours a week and it's a good thing.  I can barely make it for those hours which does tell me that I am not ready yet to go back to full time.  There are other reason below why I am not pushing to work full time.

  • Collin started Spring baseball this week.  There are not practices, games twice a week for 6 weeks.  What's great about this is that he does get exposure to fast-pitch AND playing with older boys.  Most of the kids are going to 2nd grade.  Only 5 of the boys, including Collin, will be going to 1st grade.  These boys played on the Lugnuts so at least he knows a few of the guys.  However, instead of him being one of the stars on the team, he is now at the bottom of the batting order and plays in the outfield if the coach even puts him in.  He is not bothered by this because he is generally tired from camp that day.  But, we want him to get out and play with the older boys.  So far, he has not only hit the ball but has got on base and hit a runner in.  He is good in the field, too, when he plays.  The coach is really good and patient with the boys.  Collin and Daddy have learned a lot in the past week and Collin has shown improvement with his throws.

  • Collin has enjoyed going to camp every week.  It seems like he enjoys the next camp better than the camp before.  So far, he has talked about the zoo camp the most other than the camp he is attending this week at Crème de la Crème.  They have field trips, play outside on the playground and their own waterpark.  They have electronic and board games to play with and reading time.  I was not sure he was going to like it because we did not know anyone else that signed up for it and I had not heard much about it.  He has enjoyed it so much that I signed him up for another week later this month .

  • Collin was sent home from camp Wednesday because he had lice.  Are you kidding me?!?!?!  When and were did he get it?  We have been lucky so far escaping it multiple times starting when he was two and attended Montessori School...so, I guess it was our turn.  I really did not have the 4 hours extra that it took Wednesday night to comb out our hair, put on treatment, and then clean the house which included bagging things that could not be washed and washing 8 loads of laundry which was mainly sheets, covers and clothes we had worn in the last few days.  Since then, I have not seen any bugs or eggs in our hair...but I have to keep looking for 8 more days to be sure that we got it all.  Just add that to the list.

  • The biggest news is that Grandma H was diagnosed with bile duct cancer about 6 weeks ago.  Since then, she has been in and out of the hospital over 5 times for blood clots, dehydration and her kidneys not functioning properly.  She did have a port installed Tuesday and was supposed to have chemo this week.  However, she is back in the hospital again for dehydration.  Daddy, Collin and I have been visiting her regularly at her house to help her out or at the hospital.  We are not sure what's next other than she needs to get better to get out of the hospital to start chemo.

  • I am an Aunt again as you saw from the recent post.  Baby Tyson is a really good baby.  He is very active and already doing things that one and two month olds do.  Smart kid!  He did have jaundice when he got home so Lisa is having to watch this and bring him back to the doctor every other day to get him checked.  His numbers they are watching continue to drop which is a good thing.
In addition, it's hard to believe that Collin will be 7 next month.  He did start the countdown last month asking "How many more days until my birthday?"  He now regularly asks.  He did want to have a game truck for his party.  This is where an A/C trailer full of electronic games is parked outside the house.  The kids play in the trailer for an hour before coming out for cake and refreshments.  He did this for a party about 4 months ago and said he wanted to do this for his birthday.  This was until he attended the sleepover party last month.  "That's what I want to do for MY party".  Ok, that's MUCH easier really to manage and plan for.  However, I think he changed his mind again but I have not asked lately.

No comments: