Thursday, January 12, 2012

Surprise Lunch

I finished my client meeting early today so I thought it would be fun to surprise Collin and meet him for lunch.  When I arrived, they were all lined up to go outside first before lunch which is not what they usually do at the time I arrived.  The teacher explained that, because it was cold out, they were going to go outside for about 15 minutes before lunch.  Collin started pouting when he saw me because he wanted to go outside instead of having lunch with me.  I said that was fine with me if he went outside but I was going to eat my lunch now. I had to go back to work.  He reluctantly chose to eat lunch with me.  After grabbing the basket with the flowers and place mats, he smiled and happily went to the other room where you eat with your parents.  He forgot all about playing outside.

He did not want to each his hot lunch of raviolis, corn and beans.  He only wanted to drink his milk.  I separated out the corn and green beans.  He did eventually eat all of the beans and some of the corn.  He gagged on the ravioli bite that the took.  Glad I showed up so he ate some of his lunch.  I don't think he eats it most of the time....unless it's pizza or chicken nuggets.  Not variety allowed for this kid.

Just as he started to eat his lunch.  This was his smile for the camera.  He was probably thinking about how the raviolis were going to taste.  :)

No comments: