Sunday, January 22, 2012

Afternoon at the Park

I have not been to the park with Collin in a long time.  Because it was a beautiful 80 degrees (yep, it's January), we went to a local park this afternoon so Collin could play outside and maybe take a nap when we got home. 

When we arrived at the park, he said, "We have been her before with Jacob".  He was right and remembered several parts of the park that he wanted to play on.  He quickly met a few friends and played with them or at least played on the same playground equipment he was playing on.  Every few minutes, he would run back to were I was watching him to get a drink or eat a small snack.  He had a great time and was getting tired after an hour.  I knew this because he was rubbing his eyes.  Sure enough, he hurt himself running up the stairs to a slide.  He wanted to go home....finally.  I was glad we had this time to play that was not scheduled running errands, attending birthday parties or attending some event.

Here he is swinging in the chair and wanting to go higher and higher.  I cannot push him as high as Daddy but it was good enough.  He was laughing so hard that smile cheeks hurt from smiling so much.


I could not believe how fast he was climbing up everything.  Here he is climbing up the side of the equipment.  This was the first thing he did in this section of the park.  When he saw it, he said, "Mommy, watch me do this.  I can do it".  I was impressed at how fast he did climb and was steady while doing it.



This section was on the other side.  He climbed up so fast and then immediately jumped that it took a second for me to realize what he just did.  Here he is doing it again.  When he reached the bottom, he laughed, cleaned off his knees and did it again a few more times.





Going to the park did work.  He requested to watch a movie when we got home and was asleep 20 minutes later (actually, longer than I thought it would take). 

No comments: