Sunday, December 7, 2008

We Made It!!


It was a really long day for all of us but we made it to Phoenix. By the way Collin was excited about the bus ride to the airport, he probably thought this was that all of the excitement of the morning was about. He loved standing up as the bus was going so he could look out the window at the cars going by. I know he was having fun because he was jumping up and down on the seat and laughing at the same time.



We got to the airport and he loved his stroller ride for a little while. He got restless so I let him out to walk around and stretch his legs before getting on the plane.


Collin slept the first 45 minutes of the flight only after screaming for a few minutes. I was hoping for one of his marathon naps during the flight so he would sleep most of the time. Just as I was settling into the movie, he woke up. I thought he might be hungry so I gave him his sippy cup. He drank out of it a little bit and then thought the guy behind us would rather have it so he threw it at him. I have no idea if he was awake or not but he sure was after having a sippy cup fly at him. I then gave Collin his pacifier thinking that would settle him down. He threw that to the man sitting next to us. Boy, I was not sure how much longer I would last with this. Boys sure do have a lot of energy. He did settle down after I turned the channel to some music and gave him the earphones. I will have to remember that for next time.
We arrived in Phoenix, got our car and headed to the Karg's for a fun evening. Collin and their three-year old hit it off right away. "A" wanted him to play in the backyard but Collin was interested in pushing and pulling the toy lawn mower. He even brought in into the house with him. He eventually found something else to play with when he spotted the other toys. After that, it was time to explore the house. He must have worn himself out because he did not eat dinner and past out in the high chair while we were still eating dinner. He did wake back up and noticed that "F" had woken up from her nap. He got down and followed her around the house and up the stairs. While we were touring the house, Collin found some toys that he must have thought would be better downstairs because he stood at the top of the stairs and thew one toy at a time down the stairs and laughed while he did it. Thank goodness they have kids or this might have been a shock to them.
I had a great time. Even thought it had been 7 years since I had seen the Kargs, we talked and laughed like it had only been since last week. I really miss them. We will have to come again. Maybe daddy will be able to come next time.

1 comment:

The Karg Family said...

You posted!! :} It was so fun to see you guys last night. The kids kept asking about Collin after he left. We all had lots of fun and it was fun catching up and talking about blogs and reality shows. ha,ha. HOpe to see you again soon.