Monday, December 8, 2008

Big Boy Moment

This morning, Collin seemed to only be interested in milk for breakfast. I had opened some baby food (hey, we are traveling an in a hotel room with no frig) but he was not interested. He usually eats more than milk for breakfast but I was not too surprised with his disinterest this morning because he is teething and in new surroundings. I left the spoon in the container thinking I would try again a little later after he woke up a little more. He was interested all right! About 20 minutes later, I looked over to see what Collin was doing and he was standing on the tip of his toes reaching for the spoon in the container. I thought for sure that all of it was going to be pulled off the table and get all over him. He did no such thing. Instead, he scooped some of the food out with the spoon and put it in his mouth. I slowly walked over, grabbed the container off the table and brought it to his level. He continued to use the spoon to scoop out the food and put the spoon in his mouth. Most of the food did actually make it into his mouth too but I was still glad that I had not put his shirt on yet. He continued this until all of the food was gone. What a big boy!!!

No comments: