Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Wet Halloween

For the last several weeks, I asked Collin what he wanted to be for Halloween. Just as all the years prior, he did not have much to say about Halloween and said he would think of something. When I got home last night, he asked what he was going to dress up as Halloween. Really? I’ve been asking you for several weeks and now we have two hours before we need to head to the neighborhood parade?  I gave him if you simple suggestions that I could think of knowing we had some costume supplies at the house already. He thought for less than five minutes, and came up with the dressing up as an Astros baseball player probably because our Astros are the World Series right now. Go Astros!!!  He wanted me to wear my Astro T-shirt and hat so I thought it would be funny that I went is Kate Upton and he went and Verlander. That always dresses up for Halloween but it’s been an interesting Fall, so he didn’t have anything dress up with. So, he went as an Astros fan. Not very original, I know, but at least we showed up and had a good time.

For the first time since Collin was born, it was a rainy Halloween. We walked to the start of the neighborhood parade in drizzle. About 10 minutes later, it started to POUR!!!  I felt terrible for the little kids that were crying because they were getting soaked. The boys, including Collin, did not care and started trick-or-treating anyway. At first, he let me know I could go back home. I started to slowly walk and follow him around. He was fine with me there and even posed a few times for a picture. Smart kid!!  The rain did let up a little and then started to pour again right about the time Collin decided he was ready to head back to the house to pass out candy.  Dad wasn’t home this entire time because it was his turn to be at the house to pass out candy.  Collin reminded both of us whose turn it was to walk with him and who should stay home.  Ha!

Check out his candy stash!! Having a cinch sac really helped carry all of it. 


















No comments: