Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day

I had a fantastic Mother's Day.  I got to spend time with my Mom that morning because she spent the night to watch Collin while we went out to a museum gala.  That morning, we had yummy breakfast tacos at a locally owned restaurant.  Great choice too because it was not crowded.  We could have a conversation without straining to hear.

Mimi and I on the front porch
Collin took a great picture of Mimi and I in the front yard

At home, Collin rode his bike and then we started a game of Monopoly.  I know how this ends so it's hard to start the game because of the time it takes to set it up only to know that we will not finish. Collin lasted longer than I thought he would but did get bored and wanted to quit.

Mimi left to see the rest of the family as we, along with one of Collin's friends, went to a baseball game.  The boys immediately wanted to eat when we got there:  pizza, cotton candy and peanuts. I had to have some popcorn because I was not too hungry just yet.  The boys did enjoy watching the game.  Collin noticed the players were wearing pink and he asked if I would be on the big screen for breast cancer again.  He remembered the time I got to do this about 2 years ago with my previous firm....to be honored as a survivor.  I said I was not going to be up there and he liked that I would not be leaving him.  It was a great game and Dad and I did not want to leave but the boys were ready a the top of the 7th inning.

Really, they had to shove that big of a piece of cotton candy in their mouths?
Keep those sticky hands away from me
Cotton candy tongue
I think they liked the cotton candy better than the game at this point.
At the house, the boys played outside while I rested inside.  It has already been such a long weekend and I wanted to get in a little scrapbooking before dinner.

Great night to have dinner on the patio and to end a nice day.

Here is what Collin made at school for me.  I love it when he writes about me because I get to see what he thinks.  He was spot on for a lot of the answers.  I especially loved that he actually knows what a I do at work.  I am sure he hears about it enough but it shows he is paying attention to me.  I cracked up when I saw the response that he wants to go to Hawaii with me.  I do remember mentioning this to him or us ever talking about it.  Dad, I guess we need to add Hawaii to the travel list.

Collin's responses about me
Butterfly made with his hands...literally

No comments: