Monday, October 14, 2013

Pumpkins!!!

Colllin's school has a pumpkin decorating contest.  There are several categories but Collin did not care.  He looked through several pictures that I found to get him started with ideas and started asking for different paint colors.  "Wait, buddy, I need to get the paint out first!"  He started painting his pumpkin and I started to paint another one with him.  He got discouraged when he thought that I was painting better than him.  I tried to explain that I was over 40 years old and had MANY more years of experience than him.  He kept painting and then put his paint brush down.  I told him that I started painting when I was 6 years old which is why I am really good now.  He liked that reason and started painting again. 

We then discussed what he wanted the face to look at and the paint he needed for that.  Next was the "hair" and then paint for the blood.  I was really busy so I did not get before and during pictures but here are the end results. 
Here is the front.  The dots are zits.  Where did he get this idea from?  I was not about to ask...because I did not really want to hear the answer.  :)

Here is a view of the scar, stitches and blood.  There is a similar scar on the other side.

Here is the purple and red hair.


Collin's is on the left and mine is on the right.



After posting these pictures, I had fun going through pictures from other pumpkin decorating sessions or from the pumpkin patch.  Here are some good ones:
 
This is last year painting with Timmy
 
Here is Collin when he was 4.  Look at that concentration!

Picking out his pumpkin at 2 years old. I remember him thinking this was a heavy one.

Adding stickers to make pumpkin faces when he was 2 years old

No comments: