Thursday, November 29, 2012

"Did God Hear My Fart?"

Collin has been going to church on Wednesday nights with Saige and Linden.  For the last several weeks, they have been learning songs to sing next week at the Christmas program.  I can tell the songs they learn each week because he sings them at least that night and sometimes the next day.  I just love to hear him sing and know that he is really enjoying this time each week.

They must have talked a lot about God this last time or Collin was really thinking about Him and had lots of questions for me after reading books that night. 

C:  "Mommy, where is God?"

M:  "He is everywhere and all around us."

C:  "Why can't I see him then?" - That's a good one, right?

M:  "Well Collin, we can see him when we are in Heaven."  - Oh no, he will ask when he is going to Heaven next.

Collin plays for a little bit and starts to get ready for bed.  He looks back at me and says,

C:  "Did God hear my fart?"  Ummmm.....

M:  "Yes, Collin, God hears everything you and I do." 

C:  "Did He laugh?"

M:  "Probably not.  He has heard you fart since you were born.  He is used to it by now."  - Dang, I am getting good at these quick responses.

He asked a few more questions about God and then jump to a corner of his room.  I asked what he was doing and he told me he was trying to jump on God to see if He would talk.  What an imagination that little boy has.  I really enjoyed tonight and all the nights we have our talks like this.

No comments: